Feb 6, 2013

Iota

8 x 8" original oil
sold

It's February! That means a new month and a new eBay painting. In 2013 I will be selling one original oil painting each month on eBay. They are painted fresh and new just for these auctions, and if you are interested in getting a great price on one of my originals, this is your best bet. You won't find a better deal anywhere else.

Why the title Iota? I'm going sequentially through the Greek alphabet. Only eBay paintings get a Greek letter for a title, so it's going to take me until next year to get through the alphabet.

I love these juicy orange colors. In the middle of the day, tulips open wide because it's so hot. It makes for great glimpses of their centers. If I remember right, the photo I used for this painting was taken in 2009 at Thanksgiving Point's Children's Garden. It was about noon and I was out photographing tulips, and nestled in a grove of pine trees was this bed of hot orange tulips. Bam. Color with a deep background. You can't beat that. I love how waxy and shiny their petals are, and the warm light. I want to crawl inside this painting and take a nap.

Thank you for supporting the arts!

This painting is on 3/16" masonite and ready to pop in a frame or be displayed on a table easel.

Signed in the lower-right corner, ready to be sealed and delivered to the highest bidder.


2 comments:

Peregos said...

Just thrilled to see that outside the USofA, Italy is the number one country for your site visitors. I am proud. I don't get to check out your site as much as I should so obviously lots of my neighbors are. Fantastic!

Peeser said...

Okay, just posted my bid! (I happened to have a little extra money saved, so if the bids go over that, I guess I'm outta luck...) I don't really use a lot of orange in my decorating, but I just love the vivacious coloring of this painting (and, like I said, orange IS my favorite flavor of soda, as well as my favorite flavor of fruity candy).
And, though I love snow and winter- to a certain extent- February always seems to drag on and get dreary, so I could definitely use a bright little painting like this to just make me smile! :)