Jul 30, 2013

Add a Little Butter

8 x 8" original oil
sold

Art Access Gallery of Salt Lake City is having a fun show beginning September 20th through October 11th called Art2Go. Show goers will see a large variety of small works on display, all in the $100 - $500 range. Artists were invited but not required to paint something "foodish" and I have to say, I've always wanted to paint an artichoke, so of course I did. I tried to follow my own advice from Cornucopia and use all of the colors in this artichoke, looking for areas where the skin was a little bluer, etc. I hope somebody snatches this painting up and hangs it in their kitchen, while they watch Julie and Julia and enjoy the scene where they eat artichokes dipped in that yummy buttery looking sauce. I love that movie. It makes me want to buy new kitchen gadgets, pots and pans, strange spices, and wear a cute apron and cook all day. 

No comments: