May 13, 2013

Cheese!

6 x 6" original oil
sold

If there is any one thing in this world that my lab loves more than life, it's cheese. She can be asleep in the Lovesac upstairs in our house, and downstairs in the kitchen I'll open the cheese drawer and I will hear a flurry of paws pounding down the stairs, and by the time I close the fridge door, there she is on the other side, staring at me with that look on her face like, "Hey, I totally know that's cheese in your hand. I am starving. I haven't eaten in like 56 days. I need a few slices of that cheese."

I was bribing my sister's dog with string cheese one afternoon, trying to get it to look at the camera while I photographed her. Buttercup was "off camera" but very much aware of the fact that I had cheese in my possession. I laughed out loud when I saw how still she was trying to hold, how attentive she was, staring that cheese down. I snapped this pic just at the right moment when she went to lick her chops. Yes, she did get a small piece in the end. She is a good dog, after all. 

I painted this piece live at Gallery MAR last week at their Friends of Animals Fundraising event. I met some fellow dog and pet lovers, and it was a great experience to be in the gallery and in front of the patrons. The gallery sold one of my dog pieces as soon as they took it out of the box to hang it up. Thanks Gallery MAR! 

"Atta Girl" 6x6" original oil with it's brand new owner and me at Gallery MAR

No comments: