Mar 6, 2013

Determination


10 x 10" original oil
sold

I see a lot of people around me whose determination impresses me. I think at times I myself have some pretty good determination, especially when life happens, and you all know what I mean. But mostly, I want to thank my friends and family for the determination I see in them to get through trials and hard times. That's what was going through my mind when I was painting this foreground blossom, and it seemed to fit, how it's in the jumbled mass but above it all and blooming. 

The light was overcast when I shot this bed of tulips. I don't paint a lot from overcast light, but I hope someone likes it anyway. I loved that blossom in the front. It was actually blooming to the left, but I flipped it because it felt unbalanced blooming to the left. 

delicious detail and brushwork

No comments: