Jul 18, 2012

Gamma

4 x 4" original oil
sold

The hot yellow light in this painting reminds me of the scene in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory when Gene Wilder sips from the daffodil. This hot yellow color feels like a combination of sunlight and nectar and so I think of that movie scene...that's the way my brain connects things.  

Today's top music likes while my iPod shuffled and I painted: 
Coldplay - Princess of China
Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter
Collective  Soul - No More No Less
Allannis Morrisette - Surrendering
Pearl Jam - The End


My used palettes are stacking up, but I am too cheap to throw them away quite yet. There is still some paint left on them that is usable. I love that magenta! It's the color of beet juice, and I just canned a homemade batch of pickled beets, so trust  me, I know the color of beet juice. 

I love my brush mug. Thanks sister (Melissa) for finding me an awesome birthday present last year. If you have not heard President Uchtdorf's talk called 'Forget Me Not', you are missing out. Every woman, no matter her religious beliefs, needs to hear this talk and how we women can love ourselves better in a world where there is pressure to be perfect at everything. 

I love this photograph at my desk of this woman in Mali. I don't know who she is. I bought this photograph at a Mali Rising Fundraiser Dinner Auction because it struck me. I look at her and I feel I can work hard and do anything. That's the best I can explain it. 

Here is my 26x40" with another coat of gesso. It's waiting in the wings and I am so excited to paint what I have in store. Just you all wait. 

I love the trees in my backyard. I pass underneath them walking between my studio and my house. I grew up in Missouri and we always lived up against a lot of trees. We had hammocks and I would play in them for hours, looking up into the trees. I think that is something adults can do to keep themselves younger. 


No comments: