Nov 5, 2014

Flakey Jakes

6x6" original oil
commission

Thank you Gallery MAR for another dog portrait commission. This is Flakey Jakes. He is a beautiful chocolate lab who has passed away. My condolences to his mom and dad, and know that as a fellow dog-owner I understand that labs are a part of the family and dearly loved! 

I love this photo of Flakey Jakes on the beach wrapped in a towel. It's totally something I'd see my own lab doing. Her favorite thing is to be wrapped up like a burrito on top of my bed when it's cold outside. 

The paws were the most technically challenging area. They needed to have paw structure, but with sand colors irregularly on them. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I love the colors in the beach towel. It makes for a very striking painting. Flakey Jakes has the classic lab look and I just love him. I hope the family enjoys their portrait. 

XO

this painting's palette

1 comment:

Feisty Harriet said...

Ooooh, I love these colors!!!

xox