Jun 4, 2011

Miss Scarlett: Part I



24x36" oil


I have had the idea for this painting for a while. The tulips in this painting will all be yellow except for the inside of one, which will be filled not with yellow, but instead with bright crimson, thus the title. This Spring I saw a few of these "rogue" tulips: yellow tulips with one random red petal, etc. I think the accent of red in this painting will be just enough pop and a fun focal point.

And I thought this pic of my dog was hillarious. I shot it of her while I painted today. Oh to be a dog and sleep whenever you want...


I also painted another 6x6" dog for my show at Alpine Art on June 17th. I added it to the post from a few days ago called Dogs Dogs Dogs. To see it, click here and scroll down to the bottom of the post. The painting is called "Nap."

2 comments: